Into Toddlerdom part 1

Hello!!
It has been far too long since I have written anything. My life has been pretty crazy in all honesty.

The reality of being a mum means that I now carry so many titles: Daughter, Grandaughter, Sister, Friend, Wife, Mum and business Woman. It hasn’t been easy keeping a balance and there have been many challenges.

I’m sure you will have heard of ‘Mum guilt’ and if you are a mum you will know what I mean. It’s that horrible feeling you have when you do anything that doesn’t involve your little darling. Examples include trying to clean/tidy whilst with them, having five minutes just to have a hot drink in peace, putting them in childcare so that you can work and earn money, leaving them with family so that you can be just you...

I have been gradually building my businesses back up. Our daughter is now 21 months old and I have have 2 days of childcare and 1 day working from my mums. It’s not easy and being self-employed means I struggle to switch off so even on the days I have our daughter I still find myself needing to do work in nap times. Sometimes though, I just need a nap too or I need to do housework.

When my husband comes home I’m usually tired, grumpy and ‘touched out’. Needing space is common so it’s not easy keeping in touch with friends and family. I’m lucky in that some friends have days off in the week so we try to catch up on ‘Mummy and Ellie days’.

I started exercising whilst on maternity leave but sadly work has taken over so I rarely exercise now but I try to walk as much as I can.

I’m very grateful for my husband as he puts our daughter to bed most nights, she’s going through a phase at the moment where she takes an hour or more to settle and if I try eventually she just asks for Daddy! Do I feel like a failure?! Yes!

I’m sure many of you can relate to this. Keep up the good work Mamas! There are difficult times and lovely times, this is the most challenging and important job in the world x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Insurance - what it really means

A little about me